‘If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard’ – Love in Winter
Think of icy landscapes, drinks by the crackling fire, woodland and fields kissed by frost or sprinkled by snow. These fairy-tale conditions are the perfect romantic setting for a wedding with warm and cozy undertones.
Our top tips
- Plan your day for the worst weather imaginable as winter is snow laughing matter! It sounds pessimistic but one of the things that will really ruin your day is if you’re cold, wet or windswept.
- Comfort is just as important as style. It is key to be warm on your perfect day and this is easily done with either a cape or fur stole. Making the grand entrance to your ceremony in a cover up and then revealing the dress beneath once you’ve stepped into your venue is dramatic, magnificent and you’ll be super cozy!
- Make sure the flowers you are choosing are available and affordable. You’re probably snowed under with options. However, there are plenty of ways you can bring rich and opulent colours into your wedding without spending fortunes of peonies that are out of season. You could incorporate berries, roses, vibrant ranunculi or succulents if you want a softer texture. There are plenty of gorgeous floral options for winter just make sure you do your research as every rose has its thorn!
- Time your ceremony so you can get the most out of the winter light, you will have a shorter window to capture your beautiful wedding images in the winter. Winter afternoon sundown can create the most stunning photos as the low light creates that golden hour. On the plus side none of your guests will be squinting in the pictures too!
- If warm accessories to cover up aren’t for you, why not consider sleeves? Sleeves look elegant whilst keeping you snug, if you don’t want to look too conservative why not go for a low neckline or backless drama.
- Winter is the season of sparkle so why not make your dress pop with some sparkly metallic hair accessories that will dance in the candlelight.
It’s called the most wonderful time of the year for a reason. It’s filled with family, love, joy and spirit – the perfect ambiance to get married.
Together is a beautiful place to be.